Saturday, August 18, 2018

Announcements at Mass in the wake of the PA grand jury report

I didn't preach this weekend, but included the below at the start and end of the Mass I presided at.



We come together to be fed by Christ. We come together as hungry people. We come together as people who, if we've heard any of the news from the Pennsylvania grand jury report this week, have been horrified, angered, saddened. Fr. Robert, our pastor, will preach at this Mass and all Masses this weekend to proclaim some words of hope in the midst of this.

--

Before the final blessing, I'd just like to reiterate one point from Fr. Robert's homily. If you are a survivor of sexual abuse, assault, harassment, or any kind of violence, no one has a right to demand anything of you. I just want to state that to disclose, to report, is a holy act. And I pray (literally, fervently) that you will be believed and justice will be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment